Once gathering all the needed documents for the interview, and after paying for your visa fee, then it’s high time to schedule your interview!
First, you have to congratulate yourself for getting this far, and give yourself a pat in the back for successfully stretching your patience. (If you’re a guy, then you know that it’s very difficult for a girl to be patient)
** I am making this guide with the POV of a beneficiary in mind, so the information that should be inputted when scheduling should be of the beneficiary’s.
There are 2 ways to schedule an interview here in the Philippines:
1. ONLINE – via this website: https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/SiteRegister
Once there, you should be able to see this:
- Choose the country “Philippines”
- Username should be a valid email address
- IMPORTANT: When typing in your name, make sure that it is correct. Once you Register, you cannot change this information anymore.
- Password should be at least 8 characters and contain both letters and numbers.
Once registered, just follow the instructions that are given as they are easy to follow. Always double-check the information that you input, so that you won’t have any problems in the future. When they ask for your receipt number, it is your passport number.
Once you successfully schedule, they will send you an e-mail. Print it out, and present it on your interview day.
2. TELEPHONE– You may call telephone numbers (632) 982-555 or (632) 902-8930 for scheduling your interview. They are open Mondays through Fridays, 6:00am to 10:00pm except on Philippine and US holidays. This is in Philippine time. Applicants, agents, or petitioners calling from the United States may also use this service by calling (214) 571-1600.
Same with online scheduling, once they schedule your interview, they will also send you an e-mail which you need to print and present on your interview day.
Personally, I would prefer scheduling online. Why, you might ask? Well, based from reading the forums, there are more earlier dates available when scheduling online. According to some people who tried both services, they tried to schedule through phone, and the available dates given to them were a month away. Unsatisfied, they tried online, and lo and behold, there are dates available in a week! This is true, because when I scheduled, there are dates available in a couple of days, but I read one girl who said her interview is in a month and she scheduled through phone. So, if you have access to internet connection, then I believe that scheduling online is the way to go!
To everyone, good luck on your interviews and may you all find the dates that most suits your schedules😀